8.03.2010

Two Inches Deep.

On a good day I like to consider myself a person of substance, but even people of substance have their moments of superficial weakness. I like pretty things. Some of these pretty things happen to cost a lot of money (translation=I don't get to own them). What's a girl to do? In hopes to cure my insatiable hunger for pretty things that are expensive, I share a few with you via a blog buffet. You are invited to feast your eyes along with mine. I won't be offended if you have better, more worthwhile things to do like clean up the BP oil spill, plant a garden, play with a child, read an inspiring book, solve the budget crisis, or discover a cure for the common cold. I understand. Let the shallow showcase begin!


1. If you know me, you know I have a love affair with Coach, and this spearmint colored tote strangely tickles my fancy. I attribute this attraction to the impending two-year summer I will experience here in Guam. It's bright, cheerful and would look so good on my arm.


2. My six-year old self is dying right now. I used to wear jellies like they were going out of style. Unfortunately for me they did, but two decades later they are gearing up for a reunion tour! I saw these pretties in a store down the street and fell in love. Fortunately for my bank account they didn't have any in a size bigger than a seven (No shoe was offered in my size: nine. Apparently I have freakishly large feet for Guam standards). Adding insult to injury, I already know what outfits I would wear with these...c'est la vie.


3. My heart has been pining after a beauty like this for a few months. Maybe Santa will be extra nice this year? The price tag isn't this only thing holding me back. Perhaps it's lack of photographic knowledge, but I'm willing to learn. My future children need this investment! Or so I tell my husband. Either way, this camera tickles my fancy.


4. I'm diverging from the path a bit since this box collection isn't terribly expensive nor is it pretty, per sè, but it's going to be a pretty amazing addition to my collection. Twenty-one more days until the mystery behind District 13 is revealed! Have I said too much?

Phew, I'm feeling better already. Now I can focus on the more essential tasks like getting a job.

But that's a story for another day.

9 comments:

miss chaz. said...

love each and every single one of those things. tell santa that #3 can be found at costco....i believe they are still having great deals on cameras.

love the color of the bag! i would totally wear that all year round...sounds like a practical purchase to me, no??

;)

caitlinanne said...

Work hard, play later?? Looks like you broke your rule and are PLAYING!!!!! I'm kinda over the whole book thing now so don't worry about it. I picked up your mug last night FYI so we will send you everything soon.

Lauren said...

Tell mom if she can send me that Coach bag too if she wants:) Just kidding.

The Richardson's said...

Have you ever been to the Coach Outlets?? WAY more affordable!! There are a bunch in California and one in Las Vegas.

Highly recommend you go (or have someone go for you) and get some great deals!!

Lauren said...

Sarah,

I purchased my last Coach bag at the outlets in Vegas. It's big and beautiful. Hence, I've sadly filled my Coach bag quota for the year:(

Paul-N-Daneen said...

Did I really just waist 3min reading your post. J/K I love you. I would love to sit and chat about nothing with you. And yes the purse was amazing. Too bad I never own one in my life time.

Bekka said...

I'm on the camera train. Let's ask for watching ones for Christmas?

Bekka said...

P.S. I'm paper chaining down to Hunger Games!

Bekka said...

Third times the charm. Matching ones. Matching. Unemployment is sucking my brain cells.