2.21.2011

SLIS: Teamwork, Teamwork!

Divide and conquer.

These words of advice have saved me a lot of stress over the years. My most recent teamwork experience was with my 8th grade Language Arts team last school year. We planned the majority of our lessons together and divided the workload for the preparations. Our team leader could often be heard saying "work smarter, not harder," and as a result we taught an enjoyable school year with success. Since last school year I moved to a new school (on the other side of the world) and miss the teamwork I experienced back home.

According to Irwin's presentation on teamwork, some people have a hard time trusting in teamwork. In my current teaching situation, this is how I feel, mainly because I don't really know my fellow 10th grade English teachers. I recognize the sadness of this situation considering the fact that we are nearing March with only three months left in the school year.

In his presentation, Haycock emphasizes the need to plan, plan, plan in order to succeed as a team. From my experience when I am prepared for a team meeting, we have a good time. When I didn't prepare everything I needed to prepare, our meetings were less productive and more frustrating.

The advice given to us by Haycock and Irwin lessens the anxiety I feel when knowing group projects are on the horizon.

GO TEAMS!

No comments: