3.15.2011

"Should I Stay or Should I Go Now?"

El Senior came to Guam for a visit.


So did a tsunami.
And since my dad was en route to Taiwan via Tokyo, he was stranded on Guam for an extra day.

Our first day, Senior and I visited the Latte of Freedom, a misnomer that should be changed to the Latte of Two Dollars. Two dollars for a climb to the lookout? What you talkin' 'bout, Willis?

We planned a fantastic night out on the town, but tsunami warnings confined us to the jungle.


Don't those fries look delicious? Too bad they were gross. Quite possibly the worst fries I have ever eaten in my life. Bleh. Thinking about them makes me gag.

Our resident eye-witness reporter touched base with CNN periodically throughout the night. Did I say CNN? Oops, I meant Good Morning Arizona. One day...

Senior loved Fuji Ichi Ban, a local ramen joint with stuff-your-face dishes like these:

(photos courtesy of our awesome camera)

We went twice in two days. Don't judge.

Senior on beach.

Senior on hike.

Senior's daughter swinging on a rope.

Highlights of the trip:
Picking him up late (payback for Europe, dad)
Making up songs while waiting for our clothes at the laundromat
Crying together while watching my favorite new show, Coming Home
Sneaking him into school to show him my classroom on the day I called in sick

Love you, Dad!

1 comment:

caitlinanne said...

I give a shout out to S3NIORRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!