5.29.2012

And Then My Water Broke

The night before, I attended dress rehearsal for my concert the next night.  Jokes were made, corners were sat in (get it?), piano parts were botched perfected. 


This concert was going to be epic!

Wednesday morning we woke up to get ready for our morning walk.

And then my water broke.

Cue uncertainty, excitement, disbelief (what about my concert?!), and haphazard hospital bag packing.  Add a dash of morning cereal, a last minute photo op (just in case), 


and a steady stream of what I like to call Insta-birth photos:


Roko Alexander Besich changed our lives forever at 1:37am on April 12, 2012.
We love him.
He loves us.
We are in heaven.


4 comments:

Jackie said...

Ok, you look way to happy in labor. Not ok with me. PS Roko is gorgeous! He can be besties with my baby boy...coming in 2 weeks.

The Richardson's said...

I will remember his birth FOREVER.

1. Because we got frantic calls from Bill asking to get in touch with a piano player ASAP.

2. Because of what your doc said to you after giving birth. My favorite story ever. HA!

he is perfect and you are beautiful and I am so glad it was an experience.

ejnorton said...

I'm sorry it was such a rough year. Politics and lack of support can absolutely kill your love for the job and for the kids.

I'm sure you are loving the new job! Roko is adorable. :)

BABrimhall said...

Congrats you guys that is awesome! Next time we are in town we will have to come see him.