2.05.2010

B! True Hollywood Story- Detention

Taking a day off as a teacher is never really a day off, because it requires more work than actually going to work. Sub plans, attendance rosters, in-case-of extension numbers, and nightmares of how my students will act invade my R&R. I had a sub on Wednesday and consequently “invited” four boys to lunch detention today with yours truly. Their punishment? Scrubbing down my classroom. I assigned one young man the task of scraping gum off the bottom of the desks with an index card. Our conversation went as follows…

S: “But this is hard!”

Me: “It’s supposed to be.”

S: “Why?”

Me: “Because what you did was wrong!”

S: “This should be illegal.”

Me: “You should be illegal!”

S: “I am illegal!”

What a gem.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Was his name Hector?

Lauren said...

Fortunately, no:)

Alisa said...

i'm very, VERY glad you emailed elliott your blog. i'm already laughing out loud! hope things are going great, i want us all to get together soon!

(ps, thanks for the address, invitations are coming shortly)!

Lo said...

Hahaha! Love it buddy!

Jennifer Lee said...

Best laugh all day!!!

Emily N. said...

Ha!