7.13.2011

Fifty Nifty United States


Here's a challenge for you.

 Visual/spatial skills have never been my fortè. At 27 I still can't correctly label every state on a U.S. map.  But before you lump me with the likes of Miss South Carolina, please know that I could at least sing you all fifty states.

It turns out I am not alone. Awhile ago Baldo and I put ourselves to the test with some friends. With blank U.S. maps in hand we traveled back to 5th grade geography and cheated hurried our way through the list.  My score?  36.  I am not smarter than a 5th grader.  Only one of us came close to a decent score, and we commenced calling him a teacher's pet the rest of the night.  LOSER!

If you have a few spare minutes to destroy your self-confidence, print off this map, give it a go, and post your results in the comments.  I secretly hope you do horribly so I feel better about myself.


5 comments:

Liz said...

Sorry, I'm 50 for 50. When I was little, I always had trouble switching Vermont and New Hampshire and also Alabama and Mississippi. But now I'm a smart grown up! :)

baldo said...

I hate this game. I know where Guam is...does that count for something?

Lynnsey said...

remember how this was fun....

Anahi said...

HEY mis besich this is anahi from school i was one of your students in your sixth hour at fes...well i saw your pics of the babay he is so adourable and i just wanted to wish you luck w/everything i cant wait to see you on the 25th for the graduation i cant wait to see you we all miss you...and by we i mean your sxith and eighth hour we luv you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anahi said...

o...by the way i wish you luck w/ your babay and everything.