7.19.2012

Ain't no 'cation like a VAY-cation

 I've been looking forward to the annual Higgins Encinitas trip ever since ever since.  This year brought a new twist...a baby named Roko.  Is there any better way to kick-start a young life than a trip to the beach?  Roko says no.
I love that mug.
He rolled in style through the airport,
and rocked his first airplane ride (which isn't hard to do when the flight is only 50 minutes).  One day when I'm a gazillionaire I will only fly to vacation destinations.
No Encinitas trip is complete without an in-room juice bar- who the heck wouldn't buy a butt-load of juice when it is 10 for $10?
Best thing about waking up in California?  When you walk outside it isn't over 100 degrees.  #LoveLongSleevesDuringTheSummer #BaldoSaidSomethingGrossAboutMenSweatingDownThere
If you are going to hit the beach and relax all cool...you got to be able to check out the ladies without being caught.  Roko sports the baby blue blockers, boiii!
When is the last time you were able to soak up the sun, catch some sick waves and watch a real-life episode of cops?  This dude got the "Stone Cold Stunner" right in front of us.  When asked if he could smell what the cops where cooking - he responded with moist sand.


We tickled our taste buds at Taste of Thai for the third year in a row.  Tradition is the name of our game.  I'm pretty sure I was Thai princess in a former life.
This was the first of many stops to the frozen yogurt joint
  
A motley crew of beach bums.  Obviously someone doesn't know the rules about showing his midriff.  #ModestIsHottest
 The stromboli that never was. #ThereGoesYourTip
(The calzone was still delicious)
Readers, let me introduce you to the bacon donut- the fluffy, mapley, gooey, salty, sweet, make-my-lock-jaw-hurt piece of heaven.  #WhatSwimsuit?
  Let's be honest: a good chunk of our meals are planned around joints we see on Divers Drive-Ins and Dives.  We've been hitting up Hodad's for three or four years now.  Sadly, I boxed most of this because I spent most of the time feeding someone else *cough, Roko, cough*.
 I'll let the rest of the pictures speak for themselves:


Goodbye, Encinitas.  See you next year.


P.S. My man got some music video-making skillz.  Check it:

Crash My House

3 comments:

Bekka said...

Next year, I have to be your stowaway. We'll play it real cool like you didn't know. It just looks too heavenly to miss.

Lauren said...

That would be fantastic!

RHulsey said...

Some day, I would really like to plan a cross country road trip around joints I see on the Food Network. Also, Roko is adorable. He is so expressive.