12.10.2010

"Find your voice, stomp that yard, all that crap..."

I'm going to let you in on a little secret.

I love acapella music

Perhaps it's because I'm cheesy. Perhaps it's because my mother's cousins have been singing acapella since I was 4. Perhaps it's because I'm a band nerd and hearing five-part harmonies sung tighter than skinny jeans on Thanksgiving sends chills from my inch-long roots to my unpainted toes.

My current love affair:
The Sing Off.

I love the coordinated outfits, the vocal percussion, the heart, the blood, the sweat and the tears. I even appreciate Nick Lachey's dramatic prompter readings. This stuff thrills me.
I wish I could sing like them. I wish the students at the school I teach spontaneously broke out into song and dance like in Glee.

Unfortunately, our wardrobes are not coordinated (unless you count the uniforms), Sue Sylvester does not roam my halls terrorizing the no-gooders, and my school cannot afford Nick Lachey or a prompter.

C'est la vie.

No comments: