7.18.2010

Chapter 1: Lizards are Loose in Your Laundry!

It really wasn't as bad as it was in my head.

On our first Guamanian morning I woke up to turn on the air conditioning. As I bent my sore back over to reach the button (our bed is hard as a rock), I saw some movement out the corner of my eye.
I jumped back and bent lower. Sure enough a gecko scurried across the floor and the screaming commenced. Certain that a I had happened upon a serial killer waiting for his prey, Baldo rushed into the room ready to fight, only to find his squirmy wife pointing to a measly gecko. Two shoes and a missing tail later, our apartment was gecko free...at least I hoped. How did he get in here? Were there more? Had he crawled all over my clothes in our open suitcases? It was too much to think about. For now I will feel comfortable knowing we got rid of the perp.

2 comments:

Matt and Abbey said...

Leapin' lizards!!

The Richardson's said...

DO NOT GET RID OF THE GECKOS!!!! They will eat all of the nasty bugs that I am sure live in Guam...Much better than seeing any of those things!!!!

http://www.whatsthatbug.com/2006/02/03/giant-crab-spider-in-guam/

http://marylouonguam.blogspot.com/2010/05/guam-bugs.html

Just looking out for you!!!