7.09.2010

New Kids in Town

Drinking a gallon of milk: $6.49. Savoring a McDonald's double cheeseburger: $4.85. Filling up your 44oz at CircleK: $1.49. Surviving your first week in Guam: priceless.

I should write a book titled Moving to Guam for Dummies. In it you would find chapters such as "To Run, or Not to Run: The Red Light Rogue," "Streets Signs are for Wimps," "How to Cope When Your Boss Tells You to Stop Wearing Ties," "Hey Speed Racer, Slow Your Roll," and "Lizards are Loose in Your Laundry!"

Amazingly I kept myself busy while Baldo worked at the news station. Dina the banker and Tom the realtor, my new BFFs, gave me great tips about the island; where to eat, what to do, etc. I'm sure they'll make the "Acknowledgment" section of my book for all the help they gave me.

Our next big feat is finding a place to call home. Wish us luck...it's stressful.

4 comments:

The Richardson's said...

You totally should write a book. It's not everyday someone up and moves to Guam.

Plus you have a funny, sarcastic, real way of writing that I think many people would enjoy. I have an aunt who works for a publishing company in NYC...

B and J said...

I like this post...and sorry to hear that Baldo's boss said no ties...that was the first thing Jory and I noticed in the You Tube video...miss you guys! And YES write a book!

Bekka said...

I'm gonna need the back story to all of these chapter titles. Especially, "Lizards are Loose in Your Laundry." Chat soon?

miss chaz. said...

if you wrote that book, i would totally read it...

MISS YOU GUYS

Guam looks absolutely amazing.