7.20.2010

Chapter 2: Hey Speed Racer, Slow Your Roll

If there was a 12-step program for road rage, I would fall somewhere between admitting I had a problem and coming to believe there is a power greater than myself to restore my sanity. My road temper subsided during my stint as a missionary, but since moving to Guam, it is on the rise.

Before you judge me, hear my case. Transitioning from metropolitan life to island life has been enjoyable. But there is something missing from my life...
65 mph.

My roll has been slowed. Mostly in thanks to this guy,
this guy,
and on a blessed rare occasion, this guy.
Sigh...one day I will drive on a freeway with a speed limit equal to my father's age. With speed cameras. And photo radar vans. And sneaky cops! On second thought I'm good with rolling on the slower side.

Stay tuned for the next installment of Ga-ga for Guam


2 comments:

Matt and Abbey said...

The photo cameras are officially off the freeways here. Thank heavens. I got like 5 tickets, but didn't pay any of them!

miss chaz. said...

ughh i would HATE that.

ga-ga for guam. I LOVE IT.