9.05.2010

Welcome to the Jungle

Three weeks ago we moved into our new pad. We scored a nice little duplex situated deep in the jungle of Yigo, Guam. Care for a tour? Please, join me...


the facade


our yard/parking lot


view from the front door
f.y.i. those are banana trees. I just found out yesterday.

Now let us take a look inside where the magic happens...

family room


my work space


the kitchen
Pink cabinetry is SO in right now. My fridge has feet...


the master suite


the uber spacious hall closet


the guest/storage wing
We are now accepting reservations. We might even clear out the boxes for you.


engineering at its finest
Sadly, the a/c vents didn't aim downwards. This is how we fixed it.


our froggy friend who visits every night
He blends in with the concrete slab a bit...hopefully he doesn't get stepped on!

The Chamorro culture has taught me that we need no more than the basics for survival and happiness. The furniture you see came with the house, we gave up the luxury of having two cars, and we don't have a washer, dryer, microwave or dishwasher, and yet, we are happily surviving. Perhaps "surviving" isn't the right word. We are happily living.

4 comments:

Paul-N-Daneen said...

Love the new place. We have to come see ya now that you have an extra room.

caitlinanne said...

How come I didn't see our air mattress in the family room?!?!?! Your parking lot cracks me up. Soooooo excited to come next summer.

Bekka said...

I think I saw this pad on MTV's Cribs, Guam edition. Loved the tour and that you have an official place to call home.

Liz Galvin said...

You go girl! I have to say that the simple life is much-much better. Less is more, right?